Kirkland Performance Center could not function without the invaluable help of our volunteers! Volunteer opportunities are available in a number of areas including:
FRONT OF HOUSE: (mainly evenings and weekends) Ushering, Concessions, Merchandise Sales. For front of House Volunteering please call 425.828.0422 x 229 or email Michelle Johnson.
Kirkland Performance Center has on-going opportunities for internships to aid in professional/career development in non-profit/theatre organizations.
General Guidelines for KPC Internships:
- Time commitment for an internship is minimum of 10 hours per week and maximum of 30 hours per week. Office hours are M - F 9 am to 5 pm.
- Duration of an internship is 3 months to 9 months.
- Interns will have a designated supervisor, and will be expected to communicate schedule, etc. to that supervisor.
- Interns will be expected to create a paper trail / electronic records of their work, so that the work may be continued following their departure.
- Should someone wish to discontinue an internship, a minimum of one week notice is expected.
- All interns will be expected to assist with general daily administrative duties including answering office phones, assisting office visitors, etc.
Finance and Board Development
This intern will provide strategic financial analysis and decision support to KPC’s Managing Director, Executive Director and Board of Directors. From budget variance analysis to helping create presentations for Board meetings, this position is a hands-on, high profile opportunity to learn the inner workings of nonprofit finance and board development
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel is required. Additional training will be provided on-site.
- Help create reports and presentations for meetings of KPC's Board of Directors and subsidiary committees
- Manage board communications including meeting reminders, meeting follow-up e-mails, special board appeals and campaign tracking
- Assist in board development by tracking prospects, board engagement metrics and following up with specific board members and projects.
- Perform actual vs. budget analysis, business modeling and analysis-based decision support to executive staff and program managers
- Maintain and improve dashboard reports to summarize complex financial reports into digestible and actionable metrics.
- Assist in preparing organizational financial reports, forecasts, and program reports
- Provide administrative support for the accounting and finance function, including AP / AR management, audit preparation, month and quarter close, and cash flow forecasting.
Marketing and Development
This intern will split time between KPC's Marketing and Development Departments. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in the face of shifting deadlines.
Please submit a professional writing sample with your application. If applicable, please also submit a graphic design work sample or link to portfolio.
- Build further develop KPC’s organizational relationships with promotional partners to identify, quantify and reach effectively into niche markets of music listeners and arts patrons
- Lead KPC’s outreach efforts for large public events, e.g. corporate charity fairs, outdoor markets, music festivals, etc.
- Administer and help analyze KPC’s market research projects including post-show patron surveys, ad-hoc customer surveys, secondary source research, and general competitive analysis / business environment monitoring.
- Contribute to the copywriting and editing process for promotion of KPC’s presented shows in print, electronic, and radio mediums.
- Coordinate KPC’s donor relationship management activities including handling donor correspondence, donor database management, prospect research, and gift tracking
- Provide event support at KPC's Annual Gala and Auction and other special events like the Season Premiere Party, the Major Donor Garden Party, and post-show Meet-the-Artist Sponsor Receptions
- Copywriting and proofreading for donor appeals, website copy, and other development text in show programs, the season brochure, etc.
To apply, please send cover letter and résumé to Director of Marketing & Sales, Kris McRea.